1. Volunteers must schedule a shift online. NO WALK-INS will be accepted due to safety regulations.
2. Volunteers should arrive on time. Volunteers arriving more than 10 minutes after the scheduled start of the shift will not be allowed to volunteer for that shift.
3. Volunteers must provide notice of cancellation at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to provide notice on three separate occasions could result in a one month suspension.
4. Court mandated volunteers must provide their date of birth and case number. Only misdemeanor offenses will be considered.
5. Volunteers convicted of a felony, violent crime, or any type of domestic abuse will not be accepted.
6. Court ordered time cannot be substituted for donations.
7. Dress is expected to be appropriate. CLOSED TOE SHOES ONLY. NO SANDALS OR OPEN TOE SHOES OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED DUE TO SAFETY REGULATIONS.
8. All matters pertaining to clients will be considered strictly confidential.
9. Volunteers must not report to the Food Bank under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
10. Volunteers must be 16 or older. Volunteers 11 to 15 years old may volunteer when accompanied by an adult (1 adult to every 4 children if in a group).
11. Children and groups ages 6 to 10 years old cannot volunteer but may request a behind-the-scenes tour of the warehouse.
12. Volunteers are expected to act responsibly and professionally when representing the Food Bank offsite.
13. Eating and drinking is not allowed in the warehouse. Food in the warehouse is not for volunteer consumption.
14. There is no smoking in the warehouse. Smoking is allowed in designated smoking areas only.
15. Cell phone and/or headphone use is not permitted in the warehouse.
16. Any accidents or injuries should be immediately reported to the Project Coordinator or Department Supervisor.
17. All questions or concerns should be directed to the Project Coordinator.
18. No forms of harassment will be tolerated.19. All volunteer information will be reviewed by the Food Bank. Any misrepresentations or omissions may be cause for rejection as an applicant or termination without hours.
1. Provide adequate job training, space and good working conditions.
2. Provide references and/or confirmation of hours worked (with advanced notice).
3. Provide a record of volunteer hours and a log sheet to
keep track of hours (upon request).
The Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank strives to ensure a safe workplace, and it is the responsibility of each volunteer to adhere to the following:
1. Work according to good safety practices as posted, instructed and discussed.
2. Refrain from any unsafe act that might endanger oneself, the people we serve, or co-workers.
3. Report any unsafe situation or acts immediately to your project coordinator.
4. In case of emergency, please listen to
instructions from your project coordinator. Violation of the policies and
procedures could result in immediate dismissal by Food Bank staff.